A sweet winter season is not complete without a festive treat, and Old Christmas is an old tradition for many Amish families in the North Country. The traditional Amish candy includes small cubes of cooked sugar, simply flavored with maple and molasses or mint.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract (optional)
- 2-4 tablespoons of butter
- Mix the sugar, cream of tartar, corn syrup, and hot water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved.
- Stop stirring and allow the mixture to boil until it reaches 260°F on a candy thermometer. Once it reaches this temperature, turn off the heat and stir in peppermint extract or food coloring (if using).
- Pour the syrup onto a greased baking sheet and allow it to sit until it is slightly too hard to work with. Grease your hands with butter and roll the syrup into small cubes about the size of dice.
- Once you have your cubes, wrap them individually in wax paper and store them in an airtight container. They will last for several weeks, although they may start to dissolve into a gooey mess if the container is not airtight.
Q: What kind of sugar should I use for this recipe?
A: We recommend using white granulated sugar for this recipe, as it will give you the best results.
Q: How long can these candy cubes last?
A: The candy cubes can last for several weeks, but they may start to dissolve into a gooey mess if the container is not airtight.
Q: Does this recipe require any special equipment?
A: You will need a candy thermometer and a greased baking sheet for this recipe.
YouTube Video Tutorial:
Another great winter holiday treat is World’s Best Pistachio Pudding Cookies. Perfect for the holiday season, these cookies use pistachio pudding mix to give them a festive flavor.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add pudding mix, eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into the pudding mixture until well combined.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 3 minutes before removing from baking sheets to cool completely on wire racks.
You can enjoy these delicious cookies just as they are, or you can add a few festive toppings like sprinkles or chopped nuts. For a special holiday touch, you could also drizzle melted white chocolate on top of the cookies or dip them halfway into melted white chocolate.
To make your holiday cookie baking even easier, you can pick up the all-in-one cookie decorating kit, which includes everything you need to make all of your favorite holiday cookies. The kit includes three frosting flavors and different shapes of cookie cutters and sprinkles, perfect for creating unique and festive holiday cookies. Check it out here.
Whether it’s Old Christmas candy or World’s Best Pistachio Pudding Cookies, these recipes make the perfect winter treats for your holiday festivities.
If you are looking for World's Best Pistachio Pudding Cookies | TheBestDessertRecipes.com you’ve came to the right web. We have 4 Pictures about World's Best Pistachio Pudding Cookies | TheBestDessertRecipes.com like Old Christmas an old tradition for many Amish in the North Country and also Old Christmas an old tradition for many Amish in the North Country. Read more:
Ultimate Pumpkin Cheesecake | RecipeLion.com
Fast and Simple Weekday Meals that Suit Hectic Workers – A Collection of Recipes
Inside our recipe book, you’ll discover recipes suited for all sorts of events, including speedy and easy dinners for weeknights, impressive recipes for entertaining, and even a couple of delicious treats for your meal. We’ve provided recipes for both vegans and meat-lovers equally, making sure that there’s something for everyone in our compilation.
Due to our straightforward guidelines and helpful pointers, you can produce restaurant-quality meals in no time at all. Plus, with our recipe book at your disposal, you will never run out of inspirations for what to prepare.
Therefore, why don’t you take your culinary skills to the and purchase our recipe collection today? With only a few button clicks, you can get access to the best finest recipes out there, at the same time backing our site. Do not delay, click on the hyperlink below and begin preparing up a storm!
World's Best Pistachio Pudding Cookies | TheBestDessertRecipes.com
Quick and Easy Weeknight Meals that Suit Hectic Professionals – A Recipe Book
In our recipe collection, you’ll find formulae fitting to all sorts of events, including fast and simple dinners for weeknights, impressive dishes for hosting, and even a few scrumptious desserts for your meal. We have provided recipes for both of vegans and meat-lovers alike, making sure that there’s something for each person within our collection.
As a result of our straightforward instructions and helpful tips, you can produce top-quality meals within no time. Plus, with our recipe book on hand, you’ll never run out of ideas on what to cook.
So, why not take your culinary abilities next level and buy our recipe collection right now? Using merely a handful of clicks, it is possible to access a few of the finest recipes out there, at the same time supporting our website. Never wait, choose the link below and begin cooking up a storm!
Old Christmas An Old Tradition For Many Amish In The North Country
Fast and Simple Weeknight Dinners that Suit Tied-up Workers – An Assortment of Recipes
Within our cookbook, you will discover recipes appropriate for various events, including speedy and simple dinners during the week, remarkable dishes for entertaining, and even a couple of scrumptious treats for your meal. We have provided formulae for both vegans and meat-lovers equally, ensuring that there’s a dish for everyone in our collection.
As a result of our simple instructions and useful tips, you will be able to make top-quality dishes in no time. And, with our recipe guide at your disposal, you will never run out of inspirations on things to prepare.
Therefore, why don’t you bring your cooking skills to the and buy our cookbook today? Using merely a few taps, you are able to get access to some of the best formulae out there, at the same time supporting our site. Do not wait, select the link below and commence cooking up a storm!
Amish And Mennonite Recipes & Culture – Amish 365
Fast and Simple Weeknight Suppers for Hectic Workers – An Assortment of Recipes
Within our cookbook, you will uncover recipes suited to all sorts of occasions, such as quick and easy dinners during the week, impressive recipes for entertaining, and even a few scrumptious desserts to finish off your meal. We’ve provided formulae for both of vegans and meat-lovers alike, making sure that there is a dish for all in our collection.
As a result of our easy-to-follow guidelines and helpful tips, you will be able to make restaurant-quality meals within no time at all. And, with our recipe guide on hand, you will never run out of ideas on things to prepare.
Therefore, why don’t we take your cooking abilities one stage further and purchase our recipe collection today? With just a couple of button clicks, you can get access to some of the finest formulae out there, while backing our site. Never hesitate, choose the link below and begin cooking up a storm!